Hi Guys

I'm facing a problem. I create some reports or documents in my vb 2008 application using the Printing.printdocument object.
I have no problem when i print to a printer but I also need to print directly to a PDF file, and specify the filename in the code. I don't want to have any interaction with the filename dialog box. It must be totally transparent to the user.
Does anyone have an idea to help me? I don't find anything on the net?

Thank you

Using iTextSharp

iTextSharp is a .NET port of iText, a PDF manipulation library for Java. It is primarily focused on creating and not reading PDFs but there are some classes that allow you to read PDF - especially PdfReader. But extracting the text from the hierarchy of objects is not an easy task (PDF is not a simple format, the PDF Reference is 7 MB - compressed - PDF file). I was able to get to PdfArray, PdfBoolean, PdfDictionary and other objects but after some hours of trying to resolve PdfIndirectReference I gave up and threw away the iTextSharp based parser.
More on: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/string/pdf2text.aspx

P.S: I used it personally, it's really good library

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.