how to lauch a program from the desktop using window application? and how to save a converstion of the textbox to a file?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

could you elaborate a little more on the subject you are refering to?

i want to open a program, this is the code i type in.

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
Dim FileNumber As Int16

FileSystem.FileOpen(1, "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\iTegno Mobile Office Suite", OpenMode.Output)

FileSystem.PrintLine(1, "iTegno Mobile Office Suite")

instead of lauching the program,the desktop just appear another file.
what i want is that the program can pop up, when i click on the button.

I know you can use the shellexecute api, I'm not 100% sure of .NET supports the shell command (I know VB 6 does, that's what I use), but you can try this (you need to know the name of EXE file that you want to launch... if you right click the shortcut for the file: iTegno Mobile Office Suite, and go to properties, it should tell you the path of the executable file that you want to launch). Then you could try it with the shell command as this example:

shell "c:\windows\system32\sol.exe"      'this only launches solitaire

If that does NOT work, due to some conflict with vb.net, versus vb 6, then you can try this example (which uses vbscript, inside of vb.net [which I know works]):

dim wsh
set wsh = createobject("WScript.Shell")
wsh.Run "c:\windows\system32\sol.exe", 0, 1    ' launch solitaire... change this

really thanks for ur help. thanks a millions.

shell "c:\windows\system32\sol.exe" => this code can be work

but the second code is not workable.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.