How can I terminate a full screen game application using VB6? I've created an internet cafe management system for my internet cafe and I want to add a feature on my program wherein I can terminate a running game application. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

search web for
terminating a process
or
end a program through code

There are many examples

Good Luck

I found a method on how to terminate a program but it needs the exact program title for it to be terminated. Does it work on a full screen applications?

I found a method on how to terminate a program but it needs the exact program title for it to be terminated. Does it work on a full screen applications?

The code will have to be modified some with the use of the GetTopWindow and GetDesktopWindow API's and this is assuming that the game is the top window in the Z order but if you are clicking a button on your program then you will also need to send your program to the back of the Z order by either minimizing it or using SetWindowPos before you kill the program that is at the top of the Z order.

Good Luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.