Dear,
i want add the new item in combobox at run time,whiout databas.
i want user enter the new item in comobox.
plese help me

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by c0deFr3aK

Use form load event to add stuff at runtime.

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

'add items in combobox here at runtime

End Sub

"i want user enter the new item in comobox." Sorry, I only speak English, and don't know what that means.

Try this

Private Sub Combo1_KeyPress(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.KeyPressEventArgs) Handles Combo1.KeyPress

If e.KeyChar=Chr(Keys.Enter) Then
   Me.Combo1.Items.Add(Me.Combo1.Text) 'Any text entered into the combobox text will be added into the combobox item list after hiting Enter Key
End If

End Sub

Use form load event to add stuff at runtime.

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

'add items in combobox here at runtime

End Sub

"i want user enter the new item in comobox." Sorry, I only speak English, and don't know what that means.

Frined,
i want Enter new item at run time.your coad is not work.
you chake it

Try this

Private Sub Combo1_KeyPress(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.KeyPressEventArgs) Handles Combo1.KeyPress

If e.KeyChar=Chr(Keys.Enter) Then
   Me.Combo1.Items.Add(Me.Combo1.Text) 'Any text entered into the combobox text will be added into the combobox item list after hiting Enter Key
End If

End Sub

Brother;
This coad add the item in combobox but temporary add,wen i close the form thes item will be remove ok,
Are you Pike my point????

Brother;
This coad add the item in combobox but temporary add,wen i close the form thes item will be remove ok,
Are you Pike my point????

if that is ur case..u need to conenct it to database and fetch the datas everytime u load ur form... if u add it like items.add it is for temp time till u close the form.... or id u want to be u can add the items in the form load event so everytime u load the form...the items will be there..

Cheers

Xulu

Hi Sister..

I can understand ur point but without database u cant finish ur task...
Adding items in form load will be a temprory thing but from database u can do that...

i guess you cannot store permanently any inputed texts into the combobox item list at runtime UNLESS you decide to have a database or if you load it first at design time.

If you want a permanent data to be loaded in your combobox then go for a database, there, you can add, subtract anytime you want.

i hope somebody could help you solve your problem..

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.