Hi all dotnet lovers,
I wish to develope software for my college. This is desktop+web apps. I wish to go for .NET tech. I am puzzled how to use and integrate various technologies.
My desktop app will run at office for regitration of students and accepting fee, offering various legal docs etc. The web app will share same database for academic activities like assignments, exam, reports etc also this app will extend to sms the attendace and academic reports to parents. I am puzzled between VB/ASP/SOAP/XML. Being a .NET beginer I am in difficulty to choose. Will plz some one guide me and explain me top level architecture of this proposed software.
This sw is for my college (which run on charity )and will benifit the students
Thanks in advance

sunil, India

If you want a windows app you'll need to programme in either VB or C#. I use VB but that's simply a preference.

ASP is for web development, this could be used as an app but if this is your first app I'd avoid it for now.

You should look to learn VB or C# and as you wish to link to an existing database you'll need to findout what that database is.

Hope that helps.

Wow great,
Thanks all for response, hope this collaboration is power of community.

I wish to build desktop + Intranet + Extranet around central database.
How these tech will interact each other , what will be role of XML and SOAP or some other,
thanks
:-)Sunil,India

Wow great,
Thanks all for response, hope this collaboration is power of community.

I wish to build desktop + Intranet + Extranet around central database.
How these tech will interact each other , what will be role of XML and SOAP or some other,
thanks
:-)Sunil,India

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.