Hi, I have been learning some c++ with a friend and saw a youtube video where there were some features I just couldn't find in my version (express edition). I have to ask in which version of Visual Studio 2008 does the Project type Windows Forms Application appear in where some click and drag functionality (for gui setup) appears. I have read the features list and am not sure which editions has this functionality. Would love to know especially if standard edition has that feature as it would make my life so much easier. BTW, I am actually going to buy one of these versions but the pro edition is a bit pricy.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

All versions, including the Express edition, has Windows Forms. To start a new project click File --> New --> Project --> CLR, then in the Templates window click Windows Forms Application

>>BTW, I am actually going to buy one of these versions but the pro edition is a bit pricy.

Don't bother -- just use the free Express version because it has the same compiler as all the other versions. The only difference between versions is all the other extra stuff you get, such as support for MFC.

Cool! So I can still be a freebee. Thanks Ancient Dragon for the new information.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.