I have suddenly began getting 'out of memory' messages while editing an Acess2003 module VB code. It deletes the entered text that caused the message. There is no error number - that's the exact text.

Restarting Access and rebooting have no effect.

XP SP3, Access 2003, VB 6.5, 1.5GB memory, AMD processor.

Any help will be appreciated.

Gary

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Check in the help files for the specs of the database. I'll bet you have gone over some sort of limit and i'm almost sure it is the 64k limit imposed on modules.

Good Luck

Check in the help files for the specs of the database. I'll bet you have gone over some sort of limit and i'm almost sure it is the 64k limit imposed on modules.

Good Luck

3,500 words, 20k characters with spaces. Also I've observed that I can't create _any_ new function or sub in this module.

OK. It appears the mdb file was corrupt. I imported the modules, forms, and queries needed to recreate the data into a blank database. That appears to have solved the problem. Sure was a waste of time.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.