Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by CodeDoctor

I m creating an sms based application , so how to connect to GSM MODEM using VB.net , do any one have code snippet of this appl

If you are creating a full fledged SMS app, I will consider you look at using the Windows Mobile API's.

They have an Emulator that you can use directly in Visual Studio to create these applications, there are also How-To Videos and Webcasts available to you for creating text messaging interfaces for this platform.

You can start here : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsmobile/default.aspx

Hope this helps.

my friends suggest to use the nokia phones to get the data from the inbox and i heard only java can do that type this operationon nokia ..? is that true and please send the java code too if u have tat

my friends suggest to use the nokia phones to get the data from the inbox and i heard only java can do that type this operationon nokia ..? is that true and please send the java code too if u have tat

No, the Windows Mobile toolkit can help you with any SMS application. Any mobile device can be accessed through this API.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.