I m creating an sms based application , so how to connect to GSM MODEM using VB.net , do any one have code snippet of this appl

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I m creating an sms based application , so how to connect to GSM MODEM using VB.net , do any one have code snippet of this appl

If you are creating a full fledged SMS app, I will consider you look at using the Windows Mobile API's.

They have an Emulator that you can use directly in Visual Studio to create these applications, there are also How-To Videos and Webcasts available to you for creating text messaging interfaces for this platform.

You can start here : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsmobile/default.aspx

Hope this helps.

my friends suggest to use the nokia phones to get the data from the inbox and i heard only java can do that type this operationon nokia ..? is that true and please send the java code too if u have tat

my friends suggest to use the nokia phones to get the data from the inbox and i heard only java can do that type this operationon nokia ..? is that true and please send the java code too if u have tat

No, the Windows Mobile toolkit can help you with any SMS application. Any mobile device can be accessed through this API.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.