Hi, i m a newbie in vb. I have this code which i have attached here. I have to use it to display live ECG signal using RS-232 cable. its my graduation project. I know the code is big , but please need help badlyyyy.

I have installed vb 6, now when i click on new project should i choose "Standard EXE" or "Visual Basic Application" icon ???? Please i m ready to learn this, i need a head start, please please help me.

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

I have created Module1.

Public Declare Function Sleep Lib “kernel32” (ByVal dwMilliseconds As Long) As Long

The error here is highlighting "kernel32", it says "expected string constant", how do i get to fix this , really need help, i m stuck here.

The problem here with the quotes.

When I copied your code into vb, your quotation marks is completely incorrect. Type the correct or normal quotation marks "" and your code will be 100%.

Good luck.

Thanks alot. it worked.
I want to use outlook application in vb.

Public objOutlook As New Outlook.Application
Public objOutlookMsg As Outlook.MailItem

when i run the code it gives me error saying "user-defined type not defined" , how do i solve the problem ? please help

I got that working, i had to select the outlook libraries from the references

I got that working. I had to choose outlook libraries from the references menu.

I am uploading updated forms and module files. Please help if any error is there. I have to buy the RS-232 cable now, so i cant proceed till i buy it, meanwhile please have a look at them and guide me please. You can ask me if u have any questions as to what this code is about or anything related to it.

This is going to take some time. I promise I'll look at the code and try and add comments so you can understand it much better. Unfortunately, only when I can squeeze this in between my normal work. Keep your eye on a reply later on.

That OK?

That would very helpful. Thankyou soo much. Meanwhile i will try to search and buy the RS232 cable and start to study about serial cabling. Thank you sooo much. I will be checking up regularly. Appreciate it, thank you

Hey Sundy. I've checked your code and replicated into vb6. I must say, i'm quite confused. Can you let me know exactly what you plan to do with your app, and I'll see if I can help out. I'm going off line now. Will be back over the weekend and set you up with something decent.

Nice weekend

I am making a patient monitoring system. I am using PIC16F877 microcontroller. Then interfacing it with RS232 serial communication to visual basic. In the visual basic, the I want to display the temperature of the patient, respiratory temperature, ecg signal, patient callign system which is like an swtich, when pressed gives alarm in VB, heart beat monitor, also a messaging technique which sends messages to cellphone of the doctor through vb (which i m confused if it would work or not). Finally it has a card reader system, i m using sensors that detect different inputs in the PIC and sends the info to the VB that so and so doctor or nurse is attending the patient. Its a Biomedical project.

I really appreciate ur help, i m stuck. When i m compiling it says about port connection. So, i am going to buy RS232 cable and continue to work on it. Also, i m a bit concerned about serial port communication. I would be really grateful if you can help me at this. Thank you.

I have got the RS232 cable 9 pin (male and female type). I would like to know that can I use Female-USB type of RS232, because my laptop doesnt have the port of 9 pins. I had initially designed my project for comunicating between male and female pins, now if I use usb type of cable, what will i have to change ? Please need help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.