This is an example of how to create your own custom button control with a specified visual style. It is intended for beginners and can be used at any discretion.

http://rapidshare.com/files/279748515/CustomButton_Tutorial_C_.zip
MD5: 663925296845ACF99AE1107FC18CA7B4

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

i dont know the meaning of discretion.

I show how to make a button. Basically it means the button I show you how to make can be distributed or used anywhere people want.

Main Entry: dis·crete
Pronunciation: \dis-ˈkrēt, ˈdis-ˌ\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin discretus
Date: 14th century
1 : constituting a separate entity : individually distinct <several discrete sections>
2 a : consisting of distinct or unconnected elements : noncontinuous b : taking on or having a finite or countably infinite number of values <discrete probabilities> <a discrete random variable>

synonyms see distinct

Main Entry: dis·cre·tion
Pronunciation: \dis-ˈkre-shən\
Function: noun
1 : the quality of being discreet : circumspection; especially : cautious reserve in speech
2 : ability to make responsible decisions
3 a : individual choice or judgment <left the decision to his discretion> b : power of free decision or latitude of choice within certain legal bounds <reached the age of discretion>
4 : the result of separating or distinguishing

i think yours refer to third definition?

i think my confusion comes from here :
discretion is derived from discreet not discrete

Main Entry: dis·creet
Pronunciation: \di-ˈskrēt\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French discret, from Medieval Latin discretus, from Latin, past participle of discernere to separate, distinguish between — more at discern
1 : having or showing discernment or good judgment in conduct and especially in speech : prudent; especially : capable of preserving prudent silence
2 : unpretentious, modest <the warmth and discreet elegance of a civilized home — Joseph Wechsberg>
3 : unobtrusive, unnoticeable <followed at a discreet distance>

— dis·creet·ly adverb

— dis·creet·ness noun

Hahah, you're definitely one of my favorite posters on daniweb :P

where is my reputation then ? :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.