I need to develop a C++ DLL in a legacy system, so I have to work with Visual Studio 6.0. The project I am working with was copied from a "template" project that someone created a long time ago. I copied it, made lots of changes then realized I also need to add a simple dialog box to mike my DLL configurable by the user. I tried Insert -> New Form but got the following error: "the new form command is not supported for this project type".

Question: what is the easiest way of changing the project type? I don't want to create a new project and start copying files, if this is possible to avoid.

Thanks!

>>I don't want to create a new project and start copying files, if this is possible to avoid.

What kind of project is it now, and what kind of project do you want to change it to? What I might do is create a new project of the type you need then look at stdafx.h and the project settings then change current project to look like those. If all you need is to use mfc support then there may not be very many changes to your current project.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.