Hi guys , i was wondering how could you create your own UDP ports in java ? To be more specific , its like i have a communication application in java which i can use it to interact between different computers in LAN . However this application usto transmit data . Well , you first have to create your ports then later after opening the ports ,you will be able to make use of your method to send data . I hope this is clear enough
Sorry im weak in java

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Seems to me you don't understand much about socket communications.

Programs don't create ports, they open sockets on ports. That's easy enough to do in Java, any book on network programming in Java will tell you how (and you'd better study such books as otherwise you're in for a load of performance and security problems no matter what programming language you use).

There's like 65000 ports(if I remember correctly) to choose from, but remember to be careful about selecting one that doesn't have major process running.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.