Hi there, could anybody tell me how to compile a program and run it using Visual C++ 2005?
This is what I have done:
-File, New, Project;
-In the menu, I choose Win 32 and then Win 32Console application; then I give a name to the project and save that on my desktop;
-on the win 32application wizard I click on next and then choose Empty project, then finish.
-the new project is now running so I choose File, New, File and then choose C++File in the menu, then ok
-then I paste my code in, F7 to compile it and get this:
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 0 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
then F5 to run it but I have an error message telling me that "it is unable to start the program...The system cannot find the file specified"...
Any suggestion at all?
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

-the new project is now running so I choose File, New, File and then choose C++File in the menu, then ok

You still need to add the new file to the project, do that via Project / Add Existing Item and select your new file. Or alternatively you may drag/drop the file onto the Solution Explorer.

In general, you probably want to add new files/classes via the Project menu.

>>Build: 0 succeeded, 0 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped

That tells you that it did not generate an executable program. Did you save the source file after you created it?

Problem solved, thanks guys, I wasn't using it correctly. I am used to Visual C++ 6.00, which works in a slight different way for some reasons
thanks
again

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.