sup all. Im having a major problem with vb.net. im making a program that reads the source code from the webbrowser1 and if it contains these words "You Won!" then all my timers stop and a msgbox comes up and says "You Won!" but when the website actually does say "You Won!" my timer dosent stop. it shows like 50 msgboxes saying "You Won!" and it dosent stop! Here is my code inside the timer1

Private Sub Timer8_Tick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer8.Tick
        If (WebBrowser1.ReadyState = WebBrowserReadyState.Complete) Then
            If (WebBrowser1.DocumentText.ToString.Contains("Enter Word to Claim Your Reward")) Then
                MsgBox("You won points! Scroll Down to claim your Points")
                Timer2.Enabled = False
                Timer3.Enabled = False
                Timer4.Enabled = False
                Timer5.Enabled = False
                Timer6.Enabled = False
                Timer7.Enabled = False
                Timer8.Enabled = False
                Return
            End If
        End If
        Timer8.Enabled = False
    End Sub
End Class

Here is an image:

[img]http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/2170/10433411.png[/img]

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You said you want it to check

if it contains these words "You Won!"

but in your code, it's checking for "Enter Word to Claim Your Reward", so that's your first problem. Try changing that and see if it works, lol.

oh yes I did that. I just wrote it wrong. Still not working

Thanks for your help tough

Well maybe it has something to do with the other 7 timers you have? Why do you need so many? Post the code for all the timers, might be a problem there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.