Hey all,

I have a winServer 2008 machine. I have created a new local user.
In order to make him an admin all I have to do is to add it to the "administrators" group. right?

now, I wrote a c# code that supposed to connect that local user and execute some exe file remotely.

static void Main(string[] args)

{

string remoteMachine = "HV-BENDA";              

string sBatFile = string.Empty;

try

{

string _cmd = "D:\\LocalUserManagerDLL3.5\\RunDll\\bin\\Debug\\RunDll.exe";

if (_cmd.Trim() == string.Empty)

{

Console.WriteLine("No command entered using default command for test :" + _cmd);

}

ConnectionOptions connOptions = new ConnectionOptions();

connOptions.Username = "HV-BENDA\test3";

connOptions.Password = "1234";

connOptions.Impersonation = ImpersonationLevel.Impersonate;

connOptions.EnablePrivileges = true;

ManagementScope manScope = new ManagementScope(String.Format(@"\\{0}\ROOT\CIMV2", remoteMachine), connOptions);

manScope.Connect();

ObjectGetOptions objectGetOptions = new ObjectGetOptions();

ManagementPath managementPath = new ManagementPath("Win32_Process");

ManagementClass processClass = new ManagementClass(manScope, managementPath, objectGetOptions);

ManagementBaseObject inParams = processClass.GetMethodParameters("Create");

inParams["CommandLine"] = sBatFile;

ManagementBaseObject outParams = processClass.InvokeMethod("Create", inParams, null);

Console.WriteLine("Creation of the process returned: " + outParams["returnValue"]);

Console.WriteLine("Process ID: " + outParams["processId"]);

}

catch (Exception ex)

{

Console.WriteLine("Error " + ex.Message);

}

}

but the following exception is thrown from the manScope.Connect(); line

"The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)"

when I omit

connOptions.Username = "HV-BENDA\test3";
connOptions.Password = "1234";

everything works just fine.This, as I understand, connects with my current user (which is domain admin and not just local admin). So I have tried to use these two lines with my current user credentials- but the same exception was thrown.

does anyone know how to resolve it?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.