Wait; The page doesnt load? Or it crashes when you try to fill it?
Try opening the webpage in a normal internet browser...if you have been testing your application too frequently with someone against someone elses servers, its possible your IP address has been blocked temporarily

Im headed out now, i may be back later this evening, if not it'll be tomorrow. I'll leave you in the capable hands of the daniweb solvers till then :)

nope i can still load the page in my browser yeah it wont load in the app
and it crashes on auto fill
and gives me Are you on the 2010 version?

System.NullReferenceException was unhandled
  Message=Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  Source=Quickly Ping
  StackTrace:
       at Quickly_Ping.Form1.autofill_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Jeza\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Quickly Ping\Quickly Ping\Form1.cs:line 31
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
       at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
       at Quickly_Ping.Program.Main() in C:\Users\Jeza\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Quickly Ping\Quickly Ping\Program.cs:line 18
       at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String[] args)
       at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
  InnerException:

anyone!? please help

it now connects to the site because i change the settings for the webbrowser
it fills the form no problem but now it does not submit £"R?SS??

What settings did you change?
I really dont understand what is going wrong with your project :/
I literally dragged the controls to the form, renamed them then put the code from this thread into the event handlers and it all ran fine so i know the code is sound.
Zip up your project and post it here i'll take a look at it for you.
Just click "Use Advanced Editor" below the quick reply box then click the paper clip attachment button to add your project.

you know on the designer when you click web browser the setting on the right like what to name it ect you can set the url

Im not even sure what that file was : /
Go to your projects folder (default C:\Users\You\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects) and zip the WHOLE fodler for the Quickly Ping project.
Then attach that so i can check whats going on in your designer/code

i did everything is in there?

you just need to open the visual studio file ignore the other stuff

There is no visual studio file, or "other stuff". Just a single file of unknown type (see attached screenshot)

okay i attached it i zipped up 30 odd files in it

Gah, i suck...the file was double zipped in some way. I opened the unknown file in the zip file with WinRar and it contained your project.
Bu ti cant open it because (as you pointed out earlier) you are using VS2010 but i'm still on 2008 :/

I'll attach my project...try running that and see if mine runs

it does not seem to open i open the file and it opens but theres no code or designer

After about a hours work i manged to get yours to open
And Now i have changed it slightly for my needs thank you
Still any idea why it would not work in the first place?

i have one last question
how would i code it so that there can be two text files one for blog urls and one for blog titles how can i make it so the software does both of them
then do the next set on links we need to use openfiledialog right not to sure how else to do it thanks

I have no idea what was wrong with your project and I cant open it to find out; I really should update to 2010... I get it for free on my msdn subscription...its just laziness :)

Since we have the initial problem solved, lets mark this thread as solved before it gets any longer and post your new problem in a new thread.

commented: Great Help! +1
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.