I have been all over the web (and through several books) in an attempt to get an answer to my problem. Briefly, I am trying to get the contents of a string array expressed as the header text for datagridview columns by the calling that array from a listbox.

There are several arrays to choose from. However, I cannot find a way to list these arrays in the listbox that produces any results. The arrays are rather long so I can't use the strings themsleves as entries in the listbox (and wouldn't want to anyway).

Further, once that problem is solved, I still have the issue of getting the results to become columns.

Basically what I'm trying to get is a datagridview showing just column headers and row headers. I know I've missed something basic. Please help a confused old man.

I am using VB 2008 Express for reference.

I have been all over the web (and through several books) in an attempt to get an answer to my problem. Briefly, I am trying to get the contents of a string array expressed as the header text for datagridview columns by the calling that array from a listbox.

There are several arrays to choose from. However, I cannot find a way to list these arrays in the listbox that produces any results. The arrays are rather long so I can't use the strings themsleves as entries in the listbox (and wouldn't want to anyway).

Further, once that problem is solved, I still have the issue of getting the results to become columns.

Basically what I'm trying to get is a datagridview showing just column headers and row headers. I know I've missed something basic. Please help a confused old man.

I am using VB 2008 Express for reference.

I have solved the problem but my code is probably pretty cheesy. I'll keep at it until I get it the way I think it should be and I'll post it for others then.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.