Guys, need help in autofill in my textbox, and the data is coming from the database, please tell me how will i do it.

need help pleasee.

thank you in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Check with autocomplete and autofill property of textbox.
get ur data to Customem list as set the property..

Sir, what do you mean by, get ur data to customer list as set the property? sorry sir i didn't understand.

Here is what you have to do:

1. Add a TextBox control to your form
2. Go to its properties panel (usually located on the bottom right corner of your screen)
3. Modify the AutoCompleteCustomSource property so it fits your needs (to do so you need to click on it and then the button with the three dots that appears. After that you need to type in your information line by line)
4. Set the AutoCompleteMode property according to your needs. For example, if you want the TextBox to just make suggestions instead of automatically filling in, the ideal option for you would be Suggest
5. Last but not least, don't forget to set the AutoCompleteSource property to CustomSource. Else it won't work.

Hope I made things clear for you. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.