My preparation for SCJP 1.4 has over(in terms of theory),i am in disgust how should I practice the programs, which way is best to practice? in books I just found they have given programs based on concepts, I want to practice programs with their applicative areas. Please suggest me some of the sites or books to refer to such programs.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Are you talking about Java?

Are you talking about Java?

Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates book is the best in my opinion. You read that about 2 or 3 times and you'll make at least 75 or 80.

And indeed practice the test exams. I'd likely have gotten more than the 85% I did if I hadn't been fooled by the wording of some of the questions.
They're using a rather peculiar style here and there, quite apart from assuming you're a human compiler :)

I made 91% when I took it.

I made 91% when I took it.

You do know I'm joking, right?

You never know ;)
Was wondering when you'd gone for the exam though.

You never know ;)
Was wondering when you'd gone for the exam though.

I haven't taken it yet. If I do, it will be a while from now. I've been studying C++ and I'm kind of rusty on the more harder subjects of java...which I hever had a good grasp on. Overall, I'd say maybe another 1.5 or two years, but still I don't think I would ready by then.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.