Is there an easy way to schedule a webservice that was created in vb.net. Would I need to create a .asmx file or do I create an executable in vb that calls a webservice?
Or....I have created a webservice using SOAPUI 3.6.1. would it be easier to schedule that instead of creating a vb app. Thanks in advance for your help.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

There is no way to schedule a webservice.
But you can easily create a reference to a webservice, and it makes no difference how it was created.
In Visual Studio in the Solution Explorer, right click on the project and select Add Service Reference. Click on the button Advanced at the bottom and then click Add Web Reference.
In this window you simply type in the URL to the webservice and click Go, type in a Web reference name and click Add Reference.

If you have a VB.NET windows app, then you can reference practically any webservice created in either ASP.NET, PHP or whatever.
It's up to you to handle the returns from the service.

Thanks for the update. Would it be possible to schedule a vb exe thats has the soap requests hard coded?

Yup....thats the plan. Thanks for all your help.

Glad to be of help. :)
Please mark this thread as solved if your question has been answered to you satisfaction.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.