churni 34 Light Poster

I am having a problem with my project in VB.NET which is a program to do facial recognition on photos sent via MMS using a GPRS modem.

I have got the facial recognition to work on photos input via the computer. the problem arises when i send the MMS over.

After opening a serial port connection, i send the image to the modem, the program recognises that an SMS is recieved containing a URL to the image and so begins a dial up procedure from the gprs modem to retrieve the image.

The GPRS modem dials up and connects for literally 1 or 2 seconds then disconnects causing my program to crash and return a 'An InvalidOperationException exception is thrown in cases when the failure to invoke a method is caused by a reason' message. this is annoying because it doesnt point to where the problem is occurring.

If i try to dial up to the gprs modem through network connections in windows, the same thing happens, connection then disconnection. i have even tried disabling my WiFi adapter.

One thing that has been suggested is that i need to set up some sort of internet sharing where i cann connect to the internet via wifi and gprs simultaneously but i cant seem to figure out how to do this.

Please help with either explaining how i could go about fixing the exception, OR, how i should go about fixing the dropped connection in the GPRS Modem

Thanks

Churni

P.S. The GPRS modem holds a sim card from the company Orange. for which i am using the username Orange and password Multimedia to dial up *99#.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.