hi i am facing same error, but when i go to defination and update code same as you suggest but it wont work,
Error : Error 1 error C1189: #error : This file requires _WIN32_WINNT to be #defined at least to 0x0403. Value 0x0501 or higher is recommended. c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\atlcore.h 35
when go to defination
//StdAfx.h
#if !defined(AFX_STDAFX_H__A7BD1CE4_432A_11D5_952F_00062999E309__INCLUDED_)
#define AFX_STDAFX_H__A7BD1CE4_432A_11D5_952F_00062999E309__INCLUDED_

#if _MSC_VER > 1000
#pragma once
#endif // _MSC_VER > 1000

#define STRICT
#ifndef _WIN32_WINNT
#define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0400
#endif
#define _ATL_APARTMENT_THREADED

#include <atlbase.h>
//You may derive a class from CComModule and use it if you want to override
//something, but do not change the name of _Module
extern CComModule _Module;
#include <atlcom.h>
#include "CFC\NodeBuddy.h"
#include "CFC\Conversions.h"

//{{AFX_INSERT_LOCATION}}
// Microsoft Visual C++ will insert additional declarations immediately before the previous line.

#endif // !defined(AFX_STDAFX_H__A7BD1CE4_432A_11D5_952F_00062999E309__INCLUDED)

Please help me.

Please, use CODE blocks around included code. Paste the code you want to include, then go back and select it, and click the conspicuously-named "[ CODE ]" button above the text-entry window.

Otherwise, your problem is trying to build a project with out-of-date files, or possibly an out-of-date macro definition. Your code checks whether macro _WIN32_WINNT is defined and if not, sets it to 0x400, which isn't as high as the 0x403 specified in the error message. You can specify this value yourself, in the build settings for your VS2010 project, although the code might be relying on older versions of functions, so it may cause other problems instead.

With any luck, somebody more familiar with your specific problem domain can shed more light.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.