Can C++ copy text from webpage.....

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Yes. C++ can make your processor do anything and everything it is capable of doing.

Yes, but for that you will have to be a pretty advanced C++ programmer and know Winsock and network programming

You can use a library to make it easier. Take a look at libcurl
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/

This code, for example, uses libcurl to fetch a webpage:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <curl/curl.h>

int main(void)
{
  CURL *curl;
  CURLcode res;

curl = curl_easy_init();
  if(curl) {
    curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "http://example.com");
    res = curl_easy_perform(curl);

/* always cleanup */ 
    curl_easy_cleanup(curl);
  }
  return 0;
}

At that point, of course, it is up to you to parse the text and extract the data you want from it.

Yeh, Lot of people say me to use this webpage (curl), but I don't know how. Microsoft Visual c++ 2010 don't know what is this <curl/curl.h>

Microsoft Visual c++ 2010 don't know what is this <curl/curl.h>

This is because the library does not magically appear on your computer.

To use a library, you must do the following:

1) Download the library and header files
2) Install it

Ok but which library I must download ? I download someone, but don't know how can I install it. Only copy to the filder ?

Maybe reading the information on the site that created the library might help.

I try it, but I use microsoft visual c++ 2010 express and I don't find anything about how can I use it.

I remember setting up curl was confusing for me to... But you just have to read instructions!

Why do you need to use C++? Use the right tool. I suggest you to use javascript.

Ok I do it :)... I have one more question. It is about DDE server. Can c++ join to DDE server?

Yes. See moschops' response previously. If you want a useful answer, please ask the correct question. And demonstrate that you've tried to solve the problem yourself before asking us how to do everything.

If DDE Server is to be part of your program, I don't know anything about its API, where to download a library or how to install it. If DDE Server is a separate running process, whether on your own machine (127.0.0.1) or some remote machine, then presumably there's a well-defined protocol for communicating with it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.