Hello all,

I have created the setup/installer for my application using the PDwizard. The installation is working all good (as its expected). For uninstallation, I have used a custom program (created by me) instead of directly calling the st6unst.exe. This program is called from both programs shortcut menu as well as control panel add remove programs option. Only requirement to use a custom uninstaller is to make it password protected and open access solely to system administrators. This program is also calling st6unst.exe but after verifying the password and sysadmin account. The uninstallation also is going good except one thing. It doesn't remove the application entry from add remove programs screen. I checked in the registry and found that my application entry for uninstall is still there inside the path : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ST6UNST #1...

It removed only when I manually removed the entry from control panel.

How to do this thing automatically so that the entry from registry for uninstaller will also be removed after the application is uninstalled...

Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.
Thanks for any info in advance

regards
Shouvik (India)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

It seems like that program which does the authentication before st6unst.exe is called was is installed along with the actual program you are trying to uninstall...

It seems like that program which does the authentication before st6unst.exe is called was is installed along with the actual program you are trying to uninstall...

thnks for your kind rply....yes you are right, the uninstaller program (which does the authentication) was installed with the program which needs to be uninstalled...but i think it doesn't an issue...because i already tried uninstalling it using this program and that time i was succeeded...all references were successfully deleted....this time i changed the uninstaller program just a little bit and added two features...(1) it should be executed if current windows user is a system administrator and (2) the uninstaller will proceed after an authentication where a password needs to be input...and then it calls the st6unst.exe...
only differences between the two versions of the uninstaller was these two features that i added later..the previous version of this program directly calls the st6unst.exe and there was no verification process...only these differences...

any help regarding this will be appreciated...

thanks and regards
Shouvik

Sorry, but i'll need to see the two souce codes. Please...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.