I am a graduate in comp sci & technology.[FRESHER]
I want to apply for job in IT companies, but they emphasize on knowing JAVA. I know C/C++, & I am well-verse with OOP concepts. But I dont like Java that much.
I must learn this Prog. lang for getting a job, but disinterest is causing me not to.
I need help from someone who can tutor me in Java, becoz I am fed up learning it by myself.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Hi there.
Seriously, if you don't have any interest in Java then look for jobs that don't need it. It's no fun working in a job where you use stuff you don't enjoy.
C/C++ skills are still in demand if you look towards software companies more than end user organisations.

If you already know C/C++ then I'm sure you could understand TheNewBoston's tutorials on Java. Just youtube him. He rushes though basic concepts (That you should already know). Just try to learn from him. You can always come on this forum to ask questions if you need extra help :)

w3 w0nt b3 much h3lp b3c0z y0u w0uld n33d t0 und3rst4nd Java.

Do you really think we can teach you 'Java for Dummies' in about ten minutes, so you can claim to be a certified Java developer and fraud on your job interviews? dude, seriously, one question about the basics and they'll have you figured out. besides, if it's desinterest that keeps you from learning, well .. that's not really a good persuasion technique to get us to start 'tutoring' you.

take JamesCherrill's advice: look for a job where you can work with techniques you actually want to work with, and want to learn.

Do you really think we can teach you 'Java for Dummies' in about ten minutes, so you can claim to be a certified Java developer and fraud on your job interviews? dude, seriously, one question about the basics and they'll have you figured out. besides, if it's desinterest that keeps you from learning, well .. that's not really a good persuasion technique to get us to start 'tutoring' you.

I am not suggesting that he passes himself off as an expert. I am suggesting that if he learns Java quickly he can develop on it be comparing it to other languages. In this case C,/C++.

Then again you have a point that if he is not interested then why cause yourself the misery of learning another language that you don't like, when you could just find another job that doesn't need Java.

I am not suggesting that he passes himself off as an expert. I am suggesting that if he learns Java quickly he can develop on it be comparing it to other languages. In this case C,/C++.

Then again you have a point that if he is not interested then why cause yourself the misery of learning another language that you don't like, when you could just find another job that doesn't need Java.

My post was ment as a reply to the original post, not to yours :)

Member Avatar for iamthwee

The point with the programming industry is that there are jobs out there that require a knowledge of a certain language etc your best bet is to try to accommodate the demand. Go grab a book and start writing your own projects in that language.

But don't expect much support if you go posting stuff like you hate the language but want to learn it. This is, after all, a java forum you are posting in.

commented: :) +15

The point with the programming industry is that there are jobs out there that require a knowledge of a certain language etc your best bet is to try to accommodate the demand. Go grab a book and start writing your own projects in that language.

But don't expect much support if you go posting stuff like you hate the language but want to learn it. This is, after all, a java forum you are posting in.

kk.
i 'll make sure not to post such hate stuff about java in this "JAVA" forum.
but i dont hate the language. i just dont particularly like it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.