lets say I have a form (form1) with lables a-z which are all designed with default text "0". So they all show 0 on program startup. which is fine.

I also have a dialog with 2 TextBoxes; I want my program to update the default text/value on (only)form1 labels x, y and z to whatever was put into the textboxes when i press the OK button on the Dialog, so these specified labels show the 'new' value on next startup.

What is the best thing i can do? Is it even possible or should I save the values to a file
which loads the values in the specified labels on startup?

I have no code to show for so far because i am still designing.

TY for any help

Recommended Answers

What about using database for the purpose.

Jump to Post

If only few values, We can save in Application setting files?

Jump to Post

All 5 Replies

What about using database for the purpose.

If only few values, We can save in Application setting files?

commented: I agree +6

It's really only about changing 3 labels . Thats 3 values. If there is no other way i will consider database.

Here is what i want to happen; on buttonclick , value put in textbox1 to label1, value put in textbox2 ro label2 and cuurentdate to label3. Most important is i want the app to save those values .

Ty all so far

If it is one value or more always better to store securely , preferable in DB.

For just 3 values, with no history or change log requirement, I'd go with application settings as Pgmer suggested.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.21 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.