Hello!

I have write a program on Java. This Java program creates a file which have C code for Windows. I need to compile everytime this C code by copying it to another IDE. Can i do this compile process from java program? (C code is very simple and it is just one C file. There is no dll or something).

Thank you!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You could call the c compiler from the java program using one of the classes: Process, Runtime, ProcessBuilder or Desktop

You could call the c compiler from the java program using one of the classes: Process, Runtime, ProcessBuilder or Desktop

I was thinking the same think but i could not found anything about how to compile a c program from command line with DevC. I should use DevC because it is portable and free.

There are free c compilers available as command line programs.

There are free c compilers available as command line programs.

I installed portable c compiler (pcc) and mingw but i could not understand how to compile a c code :( It is very complicated i just need to compile a very simple c code...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.