How to get video frame width and frame height?
I need it for .avi, .mov, .mp4, .wmv. I've tried some links using JockerSoft.Media.dll, and Shell32.dll, but the first one isn't good for .mov and .mp4, and the second one is only for Windows, and I need it for Windows and Mac.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Videolan player (free for personal use) has the possibility to be used as an ActiveX control an can report most of the metadata related to the media.

Plese refer to this page for more info

Hope this helps

I solved it using Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.dll and Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.Shell.sll. It's not a perfect solution though because I need it to work on Mac too.

I hate to break it to you, but C# won't run on Mac unless you're using Mono. In which case you need to check the Mono specification that it supports anything you actually want to do.

Might I suggest that you switch to C++ and use the Qt libraries? This will give you better cross compatibility :)

I can't switch to C++ :(
Well ok, how can I do that using Mono?

Sorry but I've never developed using Mono. I can provide you with a link to the Main Page though. Good luck =)

Can I use some kind of a ffmpeg mono wrapper?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.