Sometimes, when I want to move the project from path A:/B/C to path A:B/C/D/E, the
relative path of the project have to be changed. I think I could write a small program to
deduce the relative path after changed, it would be better if I could change the
"Additional manipulate Directories" by C++ but not by my own hand.
My idea is

//absolute path before moving"
//a lot of relative "Additional Directories"

//absolute path after moving
//the program will dumb the new "relative path" at here

I could just copy the new relative path and copy them to the ""Additional manipulate Directories"
But how could I make the "Additional manipulate Directories" change automatically?
Thanks a lot

What you are describing is a build script, that is what you need. Personally, I am not familiar with Visual C++'s build system and the possibilities it offers to write build scripts. The main reason I'm not familiar with it is because it generally sucks and most large cross-platform projects use another build system which is independent of a particular IDE, compiler or OS.

I highly recommend that you take a look at Cmake. This build system will allow you to create very fancy build scripts (like automatically updating time-stamps on files, generating and applyling version numbers, creating custom build-targets such as doxygen documentation, etc. etc.). And, btw, your problem of updating the directory is basically a non-issue when using Cmake, it will take care of all that, including scanning the computer to find include directories and import libraries for external packages and stuff like that.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.