I am trying to make a software that signs up for hotmail etc. I am running into a couple of problems with the choosing of the birth date and clicking the submit button. I am newer to coding.

So here is my code I have tried so it will enter the birthdate on hotmail but it is not working and I do not know why:

WebBrowser1.Document.GetElementById("iBirthMonth").InvokeMember("Value" = "3")

And I was wondering if anybody knew what code would be used to click the submit button?

Edited 4 Years Ago by EatingGennaro: n/a

It should not need an ID for it to click the submit button.
If it does not work, try changing the 1 to a 0, even a 2 If needed.

WebBrowser1.Document.Forms(0).InvokeMember("submit")

It should not need an ID for it to click the submit button.
If it does not work, try changing the 1 to a 0, even a 2 If needed.

WebBrowser1.Document.Forms(0).InvokeMember("submit")

Ok thank you I changed it to a 0 and it worked and would there be a way to set a timer on it so it won't just go rapidly?

Easy since I do some HTML'ing on the side. Actually I should not have mentioned that since I am slacking on updating my web.sight.:D

With WebBrowser1
            With .Document
                .GetElementById("agree").SetAttribute("checked", "checked")
            End With
        End With

Easy since I do some HTML'ing on the side. Actually I should not have mentioned that since I am slacking on updating my web.sight.:D

With WebBrowser1
            With .Document
                .GetElementById("agree").SetAttribute("checked", "checked")
            End With
        End With

Ok now I want to get the captcha in an image box so it can be seen without looking into the browser how would I do that? I have the inspect element image here http://screensnapr.com/v/2TN9Sq.png and I also wanted to create a text box so you can type the captcha in the text box and it will go into the browser. Thanks for your help.

I managed to get some "noob".results:D towards getting the captcha.img.

Imports System.IO
Public Class Form1
    Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        With WebBrowser1
            .Navigate("https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?lic=1")
        End With
    End Sub

Private Sub WebBrowser1_DocumentCompleted(sender As System.Object, e As System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowserDocumentCompletedEventArgs) Handles WebBrowser1.DocumentCompleted
        setCaptchaImage(PictureBox1)
    End Sub

Private Sub setCaptchaImage(ByVal selPictureBox As PictureBox)
        For Each itm As String In Directory.GetFiles(Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.InternetCache), "*.jpg", IO.SearchOption.AllDirectories)
            If Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(itm).StartsWith("image") Then
                selPictureBox.ImageLocation = itm
            End If
        Next
    End Sub
End Class

Basically, it looks into the InternetCache folder, locates the ".jpg" images and since the captchas save as filenames "image[1],image[2],etc.", I got it to run thru all files and keep loading the image until the last image in folder. Somewhat noob, though it works for a start.up.

This seems to work well when you clear the cache of IE and it does seem to not always (about 25% of the time) refresh the directory files, returning the previous captcha image.

However, with this noob.result, I am happy to get you going in the right direction.:)
.I do however have some notes to go along w/you.
1.Check image's FileInfo for creationTime and if less than a few seconds from you loading the page, more than likely it is the appropriate captcha.image.
2.Find a way to refresh the InternetCache folder, to return the most recent images.
3.Good luck.:)

Edited 4 Years Ago by codeorder: typo sh.t

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.