In PHP using isset() function for checking the form value is set or not? Like wise which methed is used in java?

Any one can help ASAP..?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

what exacltly is it you're trying to verify?

for instance: when your form contains checkboxes, you can't see whether those are "filled in" since not filled in is one of it's values.

do you mean a textField?

getText().isEmpty() should work.

when your form contains checkboxes, you can't see whether those are "filled in" since not filled in is one of it's values

what's wrong with isSelected() for check boxes? (or did I misunderstand your post?)

JamesCherrill: there is nothing wrong with isSelected.
my point is (for instance)

you are filling in a form, and you get:

"Are you married: " <checkbox>

if validation returns false if the checkbox is not checked, no single person will ever be able to complete the form.
the problem with components like that is: if it's not filled in or checked, you can't really know whether it is a mistake, or it is providing the correct answer.

OK, yes, I see what you mean. It's always (as in since the Lisa OS (1983)) been a problem that there's no "unknown" or "not eneterd yet" status for a check box.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.