I am Working on a project in VB.net and created an application for sending bulk sms to mobile phones through internet.I created a code and tried to send sms.But it dosen't work properly.When i tried it for a single sms, it is getting so much delay to receive the message.Is there any code for increasing the speed of message delivery?.The code i have in vb is shown bellow.

.................................................................................................................
Imports System
Imports System.IO
Imports System.Net
Imports System.Text
Imports System.Web
Public Class Form1

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
    Dim request As HttpWebRequest
    Dim response As HttpWebResponse = Nothing
    Dim url As String

Try

url = "http://sms.bulksmscochin.com/sendsms?uname=xxx&pwd=xxx&senderid=xxx&to=xxxxxxxxxx&msg=TESTING%20bulkSMS%20RELENT&route=A"

request = DirectCast(WebRequest.Create(url), HttpWebRequest)

response = DirectCast(request.GetResponse(), HttpWebResponse)

MessageBox.Show("Response: " & response.StatusDescription)

Catch ex As Exception
    End Try
End Sub

End Class
...............................................................................................................

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You're only as fast as the slowest point on your connection. I take it that the URL you're sending that too is on an outside network or remote computer?

Also, without knowing what your are sending and what the URL does I couldn't say for sure there was no lag on that end - I'll assume the less you send the faster it goes.

Finally, Why send multiple SMS? Most people have smart phones nowadays that can pick up email unless you are spamming people in which case I don't want to help...

commented: Yeah, don't bother trying if it's spam. +0

In this, I believe to be able to <a href="smsmail.com/sms/bulk-land">send mass sms</a>, one needs internet connection. Am I right?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.