I would really like to be able to compare two cells in visual basic from a database access database in two different tables and the idea is to take one paragraph from one cell and a paragraph from another cell and compare how closely related they are. How would you recommend to do this?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Use the Split function to put the sentences from the paragraphs into 2 arrays. Then loop through the arrays to find common sentences.

I figured that part out, now how to pull the information from two different cells from a Microsoft access database and then do that same technique, is there a way to loop through the database without putting an entire column of cells into a loop?

We'd probably have to see what you've tried first.

What is your definition of "closely related"? Is it by word count, average word length, sentence length, word frequency? As you can see, the term is very vague. You want to

take one paragraph from one cell and a paragraph from another cell

I don't see that this requires a loop.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.