I've written a simple program in Visual Basic 6 pulling data from a database into a table. My program starts out with "Dim db as DataBase" and "Set rs as RecordSet" and then goes on to pull up the data. It runs fine on my computer. However, when I try to run it on another computer I get "Run time error 429, Active X component can't create object."
If I eliminate all the "db" and "rs" references, the program opens fine on the other computer.
Any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Make sure you installed the latest MDAC on the other machine. If not then it does not have the database access libraries loaded to the proper versions.

Click Here

Have you insatlled the VB Service Pack6 also onto the new PC? This is a frequent error appears when the project is to run on another machine than where the project was originally created.
Try to Tick the Active X concerned and other necessary Check boxes in the Components menu and see..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.