Dear Sir or Madam,

I am working on VB. I have 3 columns in my DGV the first column is First Name, Second is Last Name, and the third is Phone Number.

I would like to show the First Name of the users while we type the keywords into a Search Text Box and then show the highlight keywords in the beginning, Middle, and the last

my local database is datacontact.sdf . I prefer to create a search textbox like a screen shot below:

source code here but it work with internet

http://www.aspdotnet-suresh.com/2011/12/search-records-in-gridview-and.html

Kind regards,

Kalunche

Try the code in this thread. It actually filters the Datagridview, according to what is typed compared to the data in a specific column, until only one record is left. I might not be exactly what you're looking for but you should be able to adapt it.

Edited 3 Years Ago by tinstaafl

Thanks, but my thread is want to get the (beginning, middle, end) of keywords with highlight in datagridview.

i think you can not change color of the text in dgv . because there is no css involves init , we could easily make graphical changes in webforms ,but i am afraid that it is not possible in desktop applications. May be there are some thired party tools available to perform such actions.

It is possible to display rich text in a datagridview cell, which should let you higlight specific letters in the cell. The example here is written in C#, but as with any .net language the inidivudal statements and the general process will be basically the same

What else do you need/ You got an example on how to search a DGV and you got an example on how to make a column of RichText which will allow individual letters to have their own formatting. Do you expect people to hold your hand and do your work for you?

Edited 3 Years Ago by tinstaafl

i can't imagine that the code through the links help me about.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.