In my new project I get this error when I debug the solution (hit f5). I never caught this one and it only happenes when I select my "LoginPage" as my Main Form in the Application Tab. Other form load just fine but when it comes to debugging with this form on Main Form it given the following exception :

An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Value cannot be null.

The above exception happens on the following section of my Application.Designer.vb :

<Global.System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThroughAttribute()>  _
        Protected Overrides Sub OnCreateMainForm()
            Me.MainForm = Global.MyProject.Login
        End Sub

FYI this form is solely designed to show GUI, nothing dynamic in it and I used DevExpress 12.1 for my visual styles and there are few of those components present in this form. There is no code executed when form loads except this :

Private Sub Login_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

Try
            LoginBrowser.Navigate("https://google.com")
            WaitForLoginBrowser()
        Catch ex As Exception
            MsgBox("Apllication failed to connect to a google server.", MsgBoxStyle.OkOnly)
            Application.Exit()
        End Try

'Set Theme
        DevExpress.Skins.SkinManager.EnableFormSkins()
        DevExpress.UserSkins.BonusSkins.Register()
        UserLookAndFeel.Default.SetSkinStyle("Metropolis Dark")

End Sub

DevExpress Components inside this form :

XtraEditors.TextEdit
XtraEditors.LabelControl

Hi
What is "WaitForLoginBrowser" and where is it stored in your application? I take it is some sort of sub routine. Is it available to your form on load?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.