When creating a new project, I have a list of Frameworks to chose from. I need a Framework which will allow my program from Bin -> Debug -> Program.exe to work on various computers, such as Vista, Windows 7 & 8, and perhaps any others of the Windows family. I heard that Framework 2.0 will work on any Windows, but I was wondering what is the difference between the versions, and will lower version make the program work any worse or slower than using the latest Framework available?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

The higher the version number the more features are built into the framework. The problem is that not every one is upgrading to the highest version of the framework. If you compile to lower version you might lose features you are using in your program. Better is to check before install which version is installed and asked user to install latest version as it is free asnyway.

The higher the version number the more features are built into the framework

So what kind of features are you talking about? Could you give me some examples of features?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.