The scenario was there should be any or multiple TextBox that is not empty and display it on the DataGridView.

I think my SQL is incorrect.

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

Dim Command1 As New OleDbCommand

Dim i2 As Integer
    Dim sql1 As String

Try
        Dim cnn3 = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=StudentInfoSysDB.accdb;")
        cnn3.Open()
        If txtID.Text <> "" OrElse txtLastN.Text <> "" OrElse txtFirstN.Text <> "" OrElse txtMiddleN.Text <> "" OrElse txtCourse.Text <> "" OrElse txtYear.Text <> "" OrElse txtGender.Text <> "" OrElse txtSection.Text <> "" Then

sql1 = "Select * from Students Where([ID],[LastName],[FirstName],[MiddleName],[Course],[Year],[Gender],[Section]) VALUES('" & txtID.Text & "','" & txtLastN.Text & "','" & txtFirstN.Text & "','" & txtMiddleN.Text & "','" & txtCourse.Text & "','" & txtYear.Text & "','" & txtGender.Text & "','" & txtSection.Text & "')"
            Command1 = New OleDbCommand(sql1, cnn3)
            i2 = Command1.ExecuteNonQuery
            MessageBox.Show("Searching Done!")
            ds.Clear()
            Refresh()
            cnn3.Close()
        Else
            MsgBox("Please Input Atleast 1 Field")
        End If
    Catch ex As Exception

End Try

End Sub

if you are triing to select student that match the filters Get rid of the VALUES clause, put the txt?.Text values in the WHERE clause. Something like...
"WHERE ID = '" + txtID.Text + "' AND LastName = '" + txtLastN.Text & "' AND... Value

if you are triing to update the sutdent table change SELECT to UPDATE

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.