Newbie programmer here. I want to really learn C#. Other than VS what other IDE's are there?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

vb is not an ide but a programming language, just like C# is a programming language. Probably the best IDE is Visual Studio. The Express version is free.

Newbie programmer here. I want to really learn C#. Other than VS what other IDE's are there?

Mono is probably the next most popular IDE after Visual Studio. It's not bad, I've used it sparingly over the years. But I think you'll find that you're better off sticking to Visual Studio unless you have a very convincing reason to not use it. Especially given Microsoft provides the Express edition free of cost.

If you want to really learn C#, then move on to the professionals in the same field so that you can get enough information on what you need to know. From online you can find such professionals very easily by searching Google.

Mono is probably the next most popular IDE after Visual Studio.

I know a little side tracked, but Bob Hensley, have you tried using Mono on Linux? I got a Raspberry Pi I want to turn into a dev box

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.