If String.IsNullOrWhiteSpace(txtadmno.Text) Or String.IsNullOrWhiteSpace(txtcard.Text) Then
        MessageBox.Show("Please complete the on the box.", "Authentication Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error)
        Exit Sub
    End If

Using conn As New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=C:\temp\Database1.accdb")

Dim Result As Integer

** Dim sql As String = "INSERT [Date Select] From tbl_studentadm values (@DateSelect) "*****in here shold i key in the admin no and admin care so that when i register in it will record in the access***

Dim cmd As New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand(sql, conn)
        Dim dtmNow As Date

cmd.Parameters.Add("@dateselect", OleDb.OleDbType.Date).Value = DTP.Value
        conn.Open()
        dtmNow = DateValue(Now)
        Result = cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Please, describe the errors/exceptions you get.

that no error butin this should i write the admin no and admin card so that when i register in it will record in the access

Dim sql As String = "INSERT [Date Select] From tbl_studentadm values (@DateSelect)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.