Hi All,
I am trying to create a new report in VS2010 using reportviewer. The report must use data from two dufferent databases, I would rather not have to create a temporary database and then populate it with the data and then create a new dataset. I also can't get a dataset to use the two tables becaues they are in separate databases. I am hoping someone has a way to make this work with less hassle.

MS-Access has the ability to create links to tables in another database in the list of tables. In Access, Under File - External Data - Link, select the needed table in the other database and provide the credientials (username/password), if needed. You may want to rename the new table link in your first database. Do not rename the table in the second database, or you will break the link. Now one database can manipulate the table in another database. It will act as though the foreign table is part of this database, except it might be a little slower.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.