hi friend i have created management software. but i want add year option like accadamic year 2014-2015 and 2015-2016. my question is how to creat new accadamic year with my same access data

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Without seeing your data we can not answer the question effectively.

One method would be to write queriest to select the data you wish to receive based on a date field.

For Example:

'For 2014-2015
"SELECT * FROM MyTable WHERE MyDateCol BETWEEN '01/01/2014 01:01:01' AND '12/31/2014 23:59:59'"

'For 2015-2016
"SELECT * FROM MyTable WHERE MyDateCol BETWEEN '01/01/2015 01:01:01' AND '12/31/2015 23:59:59'"

thank u for ur replay..

in my program there will be one popup show select accademic year if the select some year then accourding to that year student list sholud display. i didnt mention any date on "student report" (my data table name)

Do you have a field to indicate year in your data?

Maybe a two digit year, or a range of numbers for student ID that is only valid for that year?

You will need some way to keep track of the year in your data if you wish to pull data out by year.

OK I WILL TRY. I have one more question i want count cell value but by columns condition (if 1st cell value true the search secound.if secound cell value true then count )

You can do this in a query if the values that you are looking for are consistant.

For Example:

'This will get the total number of rows.
"SELECT Count(*) FROM tblStudents WHERE MyCol1='MyVal' AND MyCol2='MyVal'"

'This will give a sum
"SELECT Sum(MyColToSum) FROM tblStudents WHERE MyCol1='MyVal' AND MyCol2='MyVal'"
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.