I keep on getting the erro "error C2064: term does not evaluate to a function taking 1 arguments" I have three of these errors and they are all on the first line after the if statements. I really dont know what is going wrong. Been working on this error for about 2 hours now. Please help!!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

you can not use the name of functions as the name of a variables. Function names must be different from variable names. Example: residential_rate is used both as a function name and a variable name, and since the variable name is in _tmain() the compiler is treating that symble as a float, not a function.

You are declaring functions residential_rate(), commercial_rate(), industrial_rate() also as floats of the same name in function main(). Remove those variables and it will work!

Oops, I was too slow! Sorry Mister Dragon near St Louis!

commented: Helps-[Grunt] +2

Everything worked great after taking the functions out of the identifier. Thanks!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.