Hi, I have been working on a project for my java programming class but I just dont know where to even start.
here is what i was assigned
Your program must:
- Not declare any class attributes. You will not need them in a carefully designed class.
- Read a single speech text file into an array of words, and then print to the screen the total number of words found in the file. For example, the Fort Bragg speech contains 3654 words.
- Display to the screen the number of unique words as well as the percentage of unique words to total words. For example, the Fort Bragg speech contains 995 unique words, representing 27% of the total.
- Prompt the user for any word, and then display the number of occurrences of that word in the speech.
- Output a text file that consists of a listing of the unique words in the speech with the number of occurrences of each word following the word. The file lists the words starting with those occurring most often and ending with those occurring once only. If you have words that occur the same number of times list them in alphabetical order.
I'm not asking anyone to do my whole project ... i just need some help getting started.
For example i dont know how to read or write text files and i am not sure how to manipulate arrays of strings.
Any help would be greatly appreciated