Hi
The info "joeprogrammer's" gave me to place the python directory at the end of my path but im confused.
My path at the moment looks like this

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\AGL

Python on my pc is in my H:\ drive under a folder called python.
can somebody please write what my path should look like with python on it thanks.

HLA91

BE COOL AND DONT GET STRESSED!:cool:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\AGL;H:\Python24

or whatever version of Python you have.

Normally you don't have to do this kind of thing, when you install Python properly with the downloaded MSI installer file.

Member Avatar for Mouche

If you just want to add that directory instead of having to rewrite the PATH, just type in:

PATH = H:\Python24; %PATH%

(or whatever version of python... maybe H:\Python25)

The %PATH% is your current path, so this method just adds that directory.

A short code to show PYTHONPATH ...

# show the system path for Python --> PYTHONPATH

import sys

print "These are the directories Python looks into for modules and source files:"
for folder in sys.path:
    print folder

print "-"*30  # print 30 dashes

print "This would be your present working folder/directory:"
print sys.path[0]
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.