Hi all. I'm currently using Visual C# 2005 Express, and to my horror realized that it doesn't support Setup & Deployment Projects, it only caters for ClickOnce Publisher. :sad: And I can't get that working, I recieve the one minfest file error after the other.

Do any of you know of a nice external installer, where I can just add my project output files and it creates my msi file needed for the installation of my application.

Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I know that there are nice installer programs out there, but I haven't been able to afford them. They usually run at around $500 or more. The one I had my sights on was http://www.advancedinstaller.com/
alas, I couldn't afford it. But I was able to make the click once installer work. I Just had to give detailed instructions on an install order that would allow the program to work on the users computer.

You could just publish the file and go to the bin directory and then to the Release directory and copy all the files there into a zip file. Then when other people use it they have all the files and they can put them where they want. Just add a readme saying that they need the .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86) in order to run the programs. Or just include it in the zip with a readme saying to install it first.

Do you know anything about Ghost Installer?

No I don't sorry.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.