Folks,

I've been given this assignment at university where I should build an application that will communicate PDA (win. mobile ce 5.0) with server (a PC), via wireless technology.

I've never done this before and I have no idea how to program something for wireless, can anyone give me a short guide ?
IS there anything in .NET for communicating PDA apps written in .NET C# with server as a web service or something similar ?

thank you in prior,
Fiska

hi fiska,
are u already get the solution for ur problem? actlly me oso have to do the same project as yours. if you don't mind, can you share with me, how to do the wireless connection on PDA either through GPRS or else.thanks

hi fiska,
are u already get the solution for ur problem? actlly me oso have to do the same project as yours. if you don't mind, can you share with me, how to do the wireless connection on PDA either through GPRS or else.thanks

I'm almost finished with my project. For wireless technologyI choosed bluetooth.

There is a problem with bluetooth when programing mobile devices for the fact that you have no libs on .NET regarding bluetooth.

But I found some dll's on the internet (www.32feet.net) and worked my way using these dll's.

Programing a bluetooth device is pain in the ass. especially it's important to check first if your bluetooth radio is windows mangaged stack, otherwise you're out of luck, cuz these libs dont work with other architecture.

In case you choose bluetooth as wireless technology check that 32feet address.
In case your device doesn't work with bt win managed stack you can still work your way around and create dll's in C++ (native coding) (or I think there are some ready made avaliable on the internet) but this I dont recommend cuz it's bitch to do it.

Hope this helped,
Fiska

thanks fiska.. i'll check for it..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.