Hello..

Im in urgent net to compile some Libary Management System written in .NET.
The code seems very good, but I'm facing some problems I cannot solve/figure out myself, because I dont have any experience with .NET.

It seems like DataSets (classes) wont be included in FORMViewer.cs - I tried adding references but this doesnt help..

Im using MSVC 2005, the project was done in 2003..

Here is the link to download project

The errors I get:

...\Library Management\@FORMS\FORMViewer.cs(106,4): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'dsLibrarians' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
...\Library Management\@FORMS\FORMViewer.cs(106,32): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'dsLibrarians' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
...\Library Management\@FORMS\FORMViewer.cs(108,17): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for 'LibrarySystem.clsFunctions.GetReport(System.Data.DataSet, string, string)' has some invalid arguments
...\Library Management\@FORMS\FORMViewer.cs(108,35): error CS1503: Argument '1': cannot convert from 'dsLibrarians' to 'System.Data.DataSet'
...\Library Management\@FORMS\FORMViewer.cs(132,4): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'dsBarrowers' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
...\Library Management\@FORMS\FORMViewer.cs(132,31): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'dsBarrowers' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
...\Library Management\@FORMS\FORMViewer.cs(134,17): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for 'LibrarySystem.clsFunctions.GetReport(System.Data.DataSet, string, string)' has some invalid arguments
...\Library Management\@FORMS\FORMViewer.cs(134,35): error CS1503: Argument '1': cannot convert from 'dsBarrowers' to 'System.Data.DataSet'
etc..

I really do hope someone will be so kind and help me to solve that problem
Thank you very much

Hover your mouse over or click the things it cant find like 'dsLibrarians'

Then when a little box saying:
"Options to help bind the selected item"

Click the option which will say the likes of "using System.IO;" or whatever the DLL is. Whatever DLL you reference you have to type "using [DLL name]" at the top of your project

Also make sure you actually have them referenced in the first place. Right click References and add any DLLs that you need to for your project

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.