Ok I am wanting to download the newest version of the gcc compiler and emacs or gedit to run with PowerShell. I was hoping that someone could give me detailed instructions on how to do so. I am using Windows XP. I believe this is the right place to ask the question, but if it isn't please point me to the right place. Thanks -kylcrow

If I recall correctly, the download sites for each of those will tell you how to install them on your system.

I have been looking at the emacs site for awhile, and it is very confusing. I am used to clicking download now buttons lol. Just wondering if you could put it into lamen terms. If not thats ok.

Well I know how to use emacs. I used it all year at school. Everything we needed was just pre-installed on my school comp, now I am working as a QA tester, and I wanted to use emacs on my laptop so I can get more work with coding.

Thanks, I guess I am just not ready for this because nothing I try seems to be working. Thanks for your time tho You are always the best help Narue :)

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.