Heloo,

Is this possible to Write in Sectors in CD (CD-R/CD-RW) by C++ Code.
I am in serious problem with this. If not possible, Is there any tool exists that may help me. Please help me.

Thanks in forward.

Ahsan Mostafa
Bangladesh
mostafa_bd@hotmail.com

Contributors
Replies
Views
14 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by mostafa_bd

do you mean creating a cd burning program or making a program so that its like a patch but it puts the patch on the cd not just on the hardrive.
if its the frist one im sure its possible but if its the second one then i dont actually think its possible unless its like a CD-RW where it might be possible to replace data but other than replacing data i dont think you can just write to a certain area on the disk. i maybe wrong though

First I like to give thanks Mr Armeggadon, who read my post and reply.
I want to tell my problem in details.

There are many files and folders in CD. I just read sector by sector from CD ( I have tryied by DeviceIOContorl function) and save the contents in a file.
Again, I want to read the saved file and write it again in CD, sector by sector.

When I have tryed using DeviceIOControl function, It works fine for Harddisk drive. But Not for CD. I search the net and found that I must Install the Windows 2000 DDK( Driver Development Kit). My question is Is it possible using DeviceIOControl. If not possible what can I do ? Is there any easy tools( I have tryed using Nero SDK but seem very complex to me).

I have only 14 days in hand. Please help me( If possible, please provide me some sample codes)

Thanks in forward.
Ahsan Mostafa
Bangladesh

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.